Call for Papers
We are seeking technical contributions in the form of papers and presentations from the ISP (formerly TSM or ADSM) user community - the system managers and administrators who are arguably the real ISP (TSM) experts - and this is an excellent chance to share your knowledge and wisdom and - hopefully - get new ideas for improvement.
Possible topics / Ideas for a contribution
- Experiences / Usage Scenarios
- Changing Perspectives of Backup/Restore to Data Storage Concepts
- Protection of virtualized environments
- Data Protection products for applications (databases, mail, SAP)
- “Dealing with Growth: HSM, Deduplication, ...”
- DR Strategies in a world of limited backup/restore scenarios
- New Tape and Library Technologies
- Data Security - Data shredding / Encryption
- Dealing with the Cloud: CRUD devices and Big Data
- Changing ISP Backup devices: From Tape to Cloud and back again
As in former years there will be three groups of talks:
- "Tech talks" will give a deeper look inside ISP, concepts behind / around backup, new functions in ISP and new hardware and technologies also.
- "User Talks" focus on Experience, User Scenarios and approaches to improve the usage of ISP.
- "Vendor talks" as technical contributions from TSM solution architects and related storage vendors are also sought: this is an opportunity to demonstrate the flexibility and extensibility of ISP.
The conference language will be English. All talks will have to be held in English language.